Safety Review Committee for Operating Plants
Reconstitution order No. :CH/AERB/COMM/25/2016/1271 Dated : November 21, 2016
|Shri Dinesh Kumar Shukla
||Executive Director, AERB
|Shri S. Duraisamy
||Former Vice-chairman, AERB
|Shri Y.K. Taly
||Chairman, BSC, BARC
|Shri V.K. Raina
||Former Director, Reactor Group, BARC
|Dr. (Smt.) Sadhana Mohan
||AD, Chemical Engineering Group, BARC
|Shri S. Singharoy
||Project Director JNPP, NPCIL and Chairman, NPC-SRC (O)
|Dr. P. Selvaraj
||Associate Director, Reactor Analysis Group, Reactor Design Group, IGCAR
|Shri R.J. Patel
||Associate Director, RD&DG & Head, RSD, BARC
|Shri S.C. Mahajan
||Former Associate Director, Automation and Manufacturing Group, BARC
|Shri R.J. Purohit
||Former SO/H+, Health Physics Division, BARC
|Dr. P. K. Vijayan
||Former Director, RDDG, BARC
|Shri C.S. Varghese
||Head, Nuclear Projects Safety Division, AERB
|Shri V.V. Pande
||Head, IPSD, AERB
|Shri P.R. Krishnamurthy
||Director, Nuclear Facilities Regulations Group & OPSD, AERB
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- The quorum for SARCOP shall be six. SARCOP
should invite the Head of the concerned facility when
considering aspects relating to that facility.
- SARCOP shall be responsible for safety surveillance
and enforcement of AERB safety standards and directives in the
operating nuclear and radiation facilities under jurisdiction
of AERB, as given below:
- All operating nuclear and radiation facilities of
DAE and its constituent units except
- BARC and its facilities
- Any other specifically identified facilities
- Beach Sand Mining and Mineral Processing Plants in
- Any other facility specifically identified by
- SARCOP shall :
and recommend technical and administrative measures and issue directives/stipulations as necessary
- review operational safety, applications fir
issue/renewal of licenses/authorisations & licensing
conditions and proposed changes in design and operating
practices in these facilities.
- evaluate operational experience in the light of
statutory requirements and stipulations of AERB as well as
the recommendations of ICRP, IAEA and such other
international bodies and
- undertake studies having bearing on safety of
nuclear & radiological operations in the above
facilities and adopt suitable measures to ensure safety.
- undertake any other responsibility assigned by AERB.
- SARCOP shall keep AERB informed of the safety status
of the facilities through periodic reports.
- SARCOP shall be provided with periodic reports on
safety related matters of the facilities by the agencies
entrusted with the responsibility of monitoring the
radiological, indsutrial and environmental safety status of
these facilities on a continuous basis.
- In carrying out its functions, SARCOP may appoint
Advisory Committees in consultation with Chairman, AERB.
SARCOP may also constitute subordinate committees, as
necessary, for discharging its responsibilities.
- Follow up and enforcement of SARCOP
directives/stipulations by the facilities shall be carried out by the concerned Divisions of
AERB. Cases of non-compliance, if any, will be brought
to the notice of Chairman, SARCOP for actions as appropriate,
including restrictions or suspension of operation of the
facility, under intimation to AERB.
- Appeals against SARCOP decisions shall lie with
AERB. It shall, however, be obligatory for the concerned
facility to first implement the decision of SARCOP, within the
stipulated time, notwithstanding the submission of any appeal.