INDUSTRIAL PLANTS SAFETY DIVISION
- Administration of The Factories Act, 1948 and The
Atomic Energy (Factories) Rules, 1996 in DAE units viz front
end fuel cycle facilities of AMD, IREL, UCIL, NFC and HWPs,
Nuclear Power Plants/Projects, BRIT facilities, IGCAR
facilities, ECIL facilities and DAE accelerator facilities of
VECC and RRCAT.
- Administration of The Atomic Energy (Radiation
Protection) Rules, 2004 for enforcing radiological safety in
front end fuel cycle facilities, DAE accelerator units and all
Beach Sand Minerals Facilities of India.
- Safety review of the above facilities during siting,
construction, commissioning and operation.
- Regulatory Inspection of the above facilities and
special monthly regulatory inspection of major construction
projects of DAE.
- Industrial Safety, Fire Safety and Occupational Health
Safety review of all DAE projects and plants (except BARC
- Licensing of Operating Personnel in front end fuel
- Secretariat for
- Advisory Committee for Project Safety Review of Fuel
Cycle Facilities (ACPSR-FCF)
- Advisory Committee on Industrial and Fire Safety