- Administration of The Factories Act, 1948 and The
Atomic Energy (Factories) Rules, 1996 in DAE units viz
front end fuel cycle facilities of AMD, IREL, UCIL, NFC and
HWPs, Nuclear Power Plants/Projects, BRIT facilities, IGCAR
facilities, ECIL facilities and DAE accelerator facilities
of VECC and RRCAT.
- Administration of The Atomic Energy (Radiation
Protection) Rules, 2004 for enforcing radiological safety
in front end fuel cycle facilities, DAE accelerator units
and all Beach Sand Minerals Facilities of India.
- Safety review of the above facilities during
siting, construction, commissioning and operation.
- Regulatory Inspection of the above facilities and
special monthly regulatory inspection of major construction
projects of DAE.
- Industrial Safety, Fire Safety and Occupational
Health Safety review of all DAE projects and plants (except
- Licensing of Operating Personnel in front end fuel
- Secretariat for
- Advisory Committee for Project Safety Review of
Fuel Cycle Facilities (ACPSR-FCF)
- Advisory Committee on Industrial and Fire Safety
- Safety Review of Nuclear Projects.
- Regulatory Inspection & Enforcement in projects
- Issue of authorizations at various stages of the
projects as per established procedures and protocols.
- Review of physical protection aspects in projects.
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment.
- Deterministic Safety Analysis.
- Safety Review of Indian Nuclear Power Plants.
- Nuclear Regulatory Research.
- Independent check for resolving issues related with
nuclear plant safety requiring analysis to be carried out.
- Safety Review and Safety Surveillance including
Health Physics Aspects and Emergency Preparedness of
operating NPPs and Research Reactors
- Regulatory Inspection and Enforcement in respect of
all operating NPPs and Research Reactors
- Conducting Periodic Safety Review and Renewal of
- Licensing of the operating personnel and the
- Review of Physical Protection aspects in operating
- Enforcement of Atomic Energy (Safe Disposal of
Radioactive Wastes) Rules, 1987
- Co-ordination with International Atomic Energy
Agency (IAEA) for the International Nuclear Event Scale
(INES) based reporting of events and for the Incident
Reporting System (IRS) operated by IAEA/NEA
- Licensing, Surveillance and Safety Review of BRIT
facilities and Non-DAE Radiation Installations including
Accelerators and Irradiators
- Implementation of Atomic Energy (Radiation
Protection) Rules, 2004 and enforcement of Atomic Energy
(Safe Disposal of Radioactive Waste) Rules, 1987 in non-DAE
- Ensuring safety in Transportation of Radioactive
Material in public domain
- Secretariat for SARCAR (Safety Review Committee for
Application of Radiation)
- Document Development & Publication
- Human Resource & Research Projects
- Information Technology(IT) related activities
- Safety Review pertaining to Civil and Structural
Engineering aspects of nuclear reactors, fuel cycle
facilities, industrial and radiation facilities of DAE.
- Site evaluation of nuclear facilities
- Developing civil engineering safety criteria for
design, construction and erection of NPPs